This islands are a popular destination for tourists from bali, Gili is located near bali island. Gilis island is consist 3 island suck as Gili Trawangan, Gili Meno, and Gili Air. Many tourists come to snorkel and diving in this 3 island. The first dive site was Gili Air. When the boat stopped awhile, you can see coral reefs clearly from the water surface, and you will got impress by the shallow waters, though its depth reaches more than two meters. Water flow in Gili Air is not so heavy, but the waves were quite big. Gili Air actually has a fairly deep ocean trenches, unfortunately, can only be explored by divers certified. Next place is Gili meno, we were told that the place is a gathering place for sea turtles. If you’re lucky, you can see the turtle swim between coral reefs and have interaction with it. Coral reefs in the waters of 100 percent is still alive. Lots of colorful fish in this area suck as White-tip Reef Sharks, Cuttlefish, Moray Eels, Angel Fish, Ghost Pipefish, stingray or even shark. the last one is Gili trawangan. Gili Trawangan is the best diving and snorkeling spot. Snorkeling in Gili Meno and Gili Air is very entertaining, especially with the clarity of the water and amusement of the fish that passes in front of your eyes.
Currently Gili Trawangan has been famous in the world and included in the Lonely Planet’s ‘Top 10 Regions’ issued by Best lonely planet travel guide book and a digital media world the best in a travel edition in 2011 due to the beauty of the underwater scenery and rhythm of calmness.
- Make sure you make reservations at least 4 months in advance.
- Snorkling in this are is pretty expensive.
- Cars and motorcycles are prohibited on Gili Trawangan island to provide an atmosphere of peace and quiet.
- The best way to explore the island is by bicycle. You can rent a bike and go for a walk, looking at the spectacular views of tropical islands.
- Many tour and travel services in Bali providing travel packages to Gili Trawangan or Lombok. Ferries are the most popular way to get to the island of Gili Trawangan from Bali